Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Full and Exciting Weekend

This weekend's been great. Well, more from last Wednesday onwards really.

Dad took me in to work again on Wednesday so I could remind him to call the vets about my blood test results. The vet said that unless I have any more seizures they don't need to see me as the results show that the KBr (Potassium Bromide) levels are within the therapeutic range. They are on the low end of the scale, so we can increase the dosage as required. Which I'm not at all sure about. The fact is that the seizures have occurred every three-four weeks and the drugs don't seem to be doing anything.

Squirrel NemesisOn Friday dad finished work early and was home just after lunchtime, not mine - his... I don't get lunch. We then went on a great long walk for about two hours all around the canal. I got a bit bored and just plodded along behind dad for much of the way. It's just too much like exercise and not enough trees to hunt squirrels in.

Saturday was different as dad took me to Doggy Disney and I made up for squirrel hunting by running off and chasing as many as I could, real or imaginary!

When I got home mum and dad fired up the barbecue and cooked me lots of nice lamb and chicken. I let them have the left overs as I was too full to manage all of it.

One thing I neglected to put into my blog last week was Dave and Grandma, Ian and Anita came over for a barbecue on Sunday. One of the things that made it especially memorable is Grandma did the driving and Dave got pretty squffy on wine, an as yet unheard of event. The other thing is they are getting married later in July this year. I think that should be just enough time for me to get my outfit and a peticure.

My new collar
Mum bought me a nice new collar. It's very, very pink and apparently glows in the dark! I wore it to work on Wednesday and one of the guys that works for dad made a comment "How gay is that collar?" Now, I must agree that whilst not exactly a politically correct statement, I can think of no other way to express just how gaudy and... well, pink that it is.


Make mine a pint
But the highlight of the weekend has been mum and dad taking me out for a walk around the canal again. This time they stopped at a pub for a swift pint, or two. So I got to take a break and lounge for a while.

On the way we met my friend "Horsey" again. I went over to say Hi and catchup with all the horsey goings on. She came right over to the fence and put her head out the gate to give me a big sniff. I tried to get her to chat a while but seems she was just happy to munch the plants whilst I gave her a big kiss. Tastes kinda funny for a dog though.

Me and "Horsey"

2 comments:

  1. Cute dog. Sorry you didn't like the music on my page. You are welcome to turn your volume down or off next time you visit or you need not come back if you so desire. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rox, I just had to check in on my favoritest Rottie. I kind of like your collar. I like a guy who's not afraid to show their feminine side. Hugs and Sniffs to you.

    ReplyDelete