Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Emergency Measures

Diazepam Rectal Tubes (10mg)Dad got a call from the vet today to let him know that the prescription was available for collection. Now this is something that we're both hoping is a last resort treatment! Rectally administered Diazepam (Valium).

As it is illegal for dad to inject me with drugs using a syringe, the only emergency measure we can take is to administer the drug rectally. The Diazepam should only be used if I have a seizure that goes beyond it's normal 2-3 minute period. Beyond this continued fitting or a close recurrence of another seizure could be very damaging to my brain.

The Diazepam should be absorbed pretty quickly and minimize the impact and risk of further seizure. It may not be pleasant, but necessary.


Virbac Epi-Otic Ear Cleanser (125ml)Whilst there dad also got me some Epi-Otic Ear Cleanser to see if it can help shake off this annoying itch in my left ear. The irritation has been driving me mad! Mum and dad do their best to stop me scratching it, but it needs a little help if I'm going to get rid of it.

Now dad knows how to clean my ears properly it makes all the difference. The annoyance of shaking my head or scratching is far from my thoughts as "I Love getting my ears cleaned!" I practically pass out with the pleasure of it - how strange is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment