Monday, March 16, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

ShamrockHappy Paddy's day t' yer all.

Before mum and dad got me they used to be over to Dublin all the time. Now I'm around it's difficult for them to leave me alone 'cos I'm just so lovable.

We went out to Doggy Disney on Saturday and mum came with us! It was good having mum around but I'm a jealous dog and don't really like to share dad so I stayed real close making sure I was centre of attention. I didn't do any of my usual squirrel hunting - but did make sure I found a big smelly muddy puddle to bath in.
Pint of Guinness
We had a bit of drama last night. I was lying asleep in bed when the sky fell in! I was fast sleep when CRASH! I ended up covered in bits of plaster. Looks like that leak under the bath finally decided to cause the ceiling to fall in underneath it. The plasterboard had been bowing and sagging for a while, but dad couldn't find the leak. I guess it's easier now there's no ceiling underneath it?

Well I'll end this by getting a round in. Just present this page to your local bar man and see if they'll exchange it for a pint of Guinness. I'm sure they'll oblige :)

Dad usually gets something from the Guinness brewery. It doesn't have his name on it but it comes in addressed to "Slarty Bartfast", the name dad used to sign up during his first visit there - and they still send stuff out, birthday cards and all kinds of weird merchandising.

If you can lay your hands on a pint of Guinness 'Brew 39' over in Dublin, have one for me! It's the finest brew I've ever tasted. Dublin Guinness is special - but Brew 39 is just magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment