Saturday, April 10, 2010

Glorious Weather

Swim HatToday saw the proper arrival of spring. Great sunshine and really warm. Dad said it was around 20 degrees centigrade today. All I know is that it's a great day to go for a walk in the woods.

What makes it even more fun is the fact that over the past week it has been really wet. So that means there are plenty of big muddy puddles in the woods. Just what's needed on a warm day like this, lots of places to lie down and cool off.

As there was no stopping me I just found the sloppiest, gloopiest puddle there was and whilst dad wasn't looking just lay down in it and chilled for a while. This meant that I got to then visit every puddle along the walk and do the same, knowing that dad would take me to the pond for a swim afterwards to get clean.

But I hadn't reckoned on the pond being swelled by the rain and deeper than I remember it! So although I washed off the mud, there was no way I was going in for a proper swim. I don't like to be out of my depth. Of course I'm not going to admit that to dad, so I paddled around and made out I didn't want to go any deeper because I hadn't brought my swim hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment