Friday, December 10, 2010

Bleurghhhhhhh!

I really don't like dad much today. I know over the past week or so I've had a bit of a problem with smelly breath, but that's no excuse to torture me!

For the past week or so mum and dad have been concerned about my breath. They say it smells bad. They also say that where I've been licking myself it's making me smell too. Dad's pretty sure it's not my mouth that smells. My teeth are in good order, nice and clean, nothing growing on them.

So the source of the smell is a mystery.

Show us your teethIt seems even when breathing from my nose dad can smell it and he's had his head almost in my mouth like a lion tamer to see if it's my mouth. We'll have a word with the vet about it on Monday and see what it could be.

Having had a browse around it appears that "Chlorhexidine Gluconate" is safe for dogs and is used in a number of antiseptic treatments for pets. It's most commonly used in human Antiseptic Mouthwash. So dad brought some home today. He also bought a spray pump to deliver it in.

Now the nasty part. Dad called me over and had me sit. Then opened my mouth like he does to give me my tablets, but then sprayed a load of this nasty, horrible liquid into my mouth. I really, really don't like it. I shook my head and tried to get rid of the taste off my tongue, but it was going nowhere. It's horrible!

I know dad's going to persevere with this for a few days to see if it clears up my little problem, but I'm not looking forward to it at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment